Brand Names: Meridia
Dosage: 10mg, 15mg
Where to Buy Meridia Online?
Mechanism of action includes changes of neurotransmitters in the brain. Neurotransmitters stand for special chemical parts that are released by nerve cells to generate activity in other nerves. Sibutramine molecules block the absorption of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine. This provides the balanced state of nerve functions and their cooperation.
Generic Meridia is available in most drugstores without prescription. Metabolic processes start to work in the morning, thus it is the best time for your pill. Start your course with 10mg dose one time per day. In order to gain the desired result, some physicians can increase this digit to 15mg. It is better to consume it with a light meal during your breakfast with enough amount of water.
The best outcomes are usually reached within several months. Effectiveness will not appear if you take it irregularly for a short time. In this way, be sure that you will follow the prescript for at least 3 months or even more in cases of extremely high overweight.
Before you initiate the changes in your body with Meridia, take into consideration all probable contraindications. Patients with the following conditions are better to avoid the drug:
- Hardly impaired work of liver or kidneys.
- Anorexia nervosa, bulimia or other complications with food.
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system.
- Excessive production of thyroid hormones.
- Prostate adenoma.
- Neurological disorders.
- Addiction to chemical substances, including alcohol and drugs.
Pregnant or nursing females cannot take this remedy as well as children and elder patients. Drinks which contain alcohol cannot be used during the therapy.
Save your health from side effects
When patients initiate any treatment, they should see the complete picture of the remedy. Side effects are one of the main parameters which must be studied. Note the following complications and get a medical consultation if any of them happens:
- hypersensitivity reactions;
- shortness of breathing;
- distorted sense of reality;
- bleeding in the nose or gums, which is hard to stop;
- migraine or dangerously increased blood pressure;
- feeling your muscles stiff, sweating, high fever;
- sudden weakness in separate parts of the body;
- inability to get enough quantity of sleep.
Drug interactions with Meridia
Do not use any other medicines without confirming by your pharmacist. You should inform beforehand if you have extra medical prescriptions.
Increased sleepiness can appear in combination with hypnotics, antihistamines, sleeping aid medications, relaxants for muscles, cough medicine, narcotic pain relievers, anesthetics, anxiety drugs, or decongestants.
The below list of drugs can show its severe interaction with generic forms of Meridia:
- drugs with lithium salts (Camcolit, Eskalith, Lithotabs or others);
- amino acids (Tryptan, L-Tryptophan);
- antifungal medications;
- macrolide antibiotics (Erythromycin or others);
- antidepressants (Cymbalta, Prozac, Zoloft and others);
- drugs which contain ergot;
- medicines which treat severe migraines;
- opioid pain relievers;
- vitamins, herbal and other food supplements.