The additional healing effect is commonly used for edema conditions as well. Edema happens when abnormally liquid volume assembles in the circulatory system and interstitial spaces. Mainly edema is caused by heart failure, complications with liver or kidney. It reduces swelling in your legs, arms, and abdomen cavity. Furosemide is also rather popular for hypertension treatment. Generic Lasix is produced as tablets of 20, 40 and 80mg.
Select your suitable route of administration
Study your prescript or enclosed leaflet if you got your pills without prescription. Any additional questions should be addressed to your physician only. Adhere the following tips to obtain your healing results:
- Consume your tablet orally once or twice per day. Regardless before or after the food consumption. If your bedtime is after four hours or less, it is better to avoid taking the drug. You will prevent yourself from night get up to urinate.
- Your health condition, age, and reaction to treatment are the main factors in the dosage selection. Pediatricians consider a child’s weight as well. Geriatric prescription usually starts from lower amounts in order to exclude any complications. Do not make any changes in the dosage independently.
- Lasix and its generic forms create the greatest beneficial effect when taken regularly. Create your personal reminders or alarms and consume it at the same time during the day. Insistently keep on your course even if your health is refined.
- Such drugs as Carafate, Precalite and Colestipol can reduce the adsorption of Lasix. Separate the schedule of each other drug from Furosemide with two hour intervals.
The standard primary dose for edema treatment is 20-80mg in adults. This amount is used as a single dose. The same or larger amount can be consumed after six hours. An optimal increase is 20-40mg every six hours until the expected result takes place. The working amount can be taken one or two times per day. Some cases may demand 600mg on a daily basis.
Pediatric initial dose is 2 mg/kg. It can be enlarged by 1-2 mg/kg every six hours until the needed result is obtained. 6mg/kg or higher doses are not advised.
Hypertension prescript is usually does not exceed 40mg and taken in two doses per day. If a patient consumes other blood pressure drugs, their dose should be reduced by 50%.
Potential side effects of the med
Study the list of unexpected reactions. Most probably you will prevent further diseases if you recognize their signs beforehand. Apply for a medical help in case you feel the commonest ones:
- hypotension (or low blood pressure);
- essential loss of water and salts from your body;
- excessive deprivation of electrolytes (such as potassium, sodium);
- jaundice, which is indicated by yellowing skin and eyes;
- hearing ringing without any external cause;
- sensitivity reactions on the skin;
- inflammation of the pancreas;
- diarrhea or pain in abdominal area;
- increased level of sugar in blood.
General drug interactions
Severe hearing damage can occur when Lasix is mixed with aminoglycoside antibiotics (such as Garamycin) or ethacrynic acid. Aspirin works as antagonist agent and prevents elimination of salts by the kidneys. As well, it is reasonable to exclude Lithobid and Sucralfate as they may reduce the effect from the drug or its generic kinds.