The remedy is widely used to induce ovulation in female organisms with special medicinal states. For example, such diseases as polycystic ovary syndrome or ovarian failure preclude the natural process of ovulation. The same situation occurs in patients with pituitary disorders. Users can obtain 50mg tablets in numerous pharmacies without prescription.
How to administer Clomid accurately?
The main primary step is to make medical examinations and detect whether a female has preventive conditions in her health. The medicine is ordinarily consumed during five days. You will take the first pill on the fifth day of the menstrual period. Make sure that you follow these tips:
- Each cycle of therapy requires a gynecological checkup. A patient should stay under constant care of a physician during the treatment period. Check your vaginal temperature every morning after wake up and make regular records. This will assist to detect when the female is ovulating.
- Most probably an ovulation will occur within next 5-10 days since the primary intake. Regular sexual contacts during this period will increase the chance of getting
- Common medical practice does not advise to use generic Clomid for more than 3 menstrual cycles. In case ovulation happens and the patient does not get pregnant, the treatment should be stopped. Your gynecologist will estimate your barrenness condition in other ways.
Usual dose advices for adult patients
The basic amount is indicated as 50mg of Clomiphene once per day within 5 days. Usually the course starts from the fifth day of the female menstrual cycle. As well, it can be initiated at any other day in patients without regular uterine bleeding.
Sometimes an ovulation happens, but pregnancy is not reached. Such cases will require extra two courses of the remedy for the same length of intake. Every following course can be initiated after each 30 days with increased dose up to 100mg per day. This indication is applied if previous course did not succeed and pregnancy has been ruled out.
Manufacturers usually do not advise increasing the dose. Meanwhile, fortunate cases of pregnancy have been announced in females taking up to 200mg per day for five days, or prolonged 10-day therapy.
Patients must pay extra attention to side complications which may occur. Aside severe hypersensitive reactions, you should consider the following chronic disorders in your health history:
- fatty liver, hepatitis or other liver disorders;
- abnormally enlarged gonads;
- suprarenal gland diseases;
- abnormal formations in brain tissue.
The use of Clomid may generate multiple fetus births. It is recommended to stop alcoholic drinks as it can damage the conceiving.
Adverse reactions to the drug
Some female patients can face a certain number of unwanted side effects. These are usual for most of the medications. Thus, you should be more attentive when the below statuses appear:
- severe headache and continuous migraines;
- gynecological abnormal bleeding;
- extra sensitivity or pain in breasts;
- pain in pelvic area or separate organs;
- uncontrolled gain of weight;
- painful urinating.
Clomid is not used in pregnant females as there is no reason for it. Nursing patients should avoid it as well.