Brand Names: Ativan
Dosage: 1mg, 2mg
Where to Buy Ativan Online?
Ativan provides a depressive effect on human brain and nerve cells. Usually it is prescribed for a rather short term – up to four weeks. It has shown the best performance in facilitating anxiety attacks, insomnia complications, tough seizures and panic attacks. Lorazepam as a generic drug can also be taken in operative dentistry along with general surgery. It helps to prevent vomiting and qualm caused by chemotherapy. Alcohol withdrawal effects are treated effectively due to the drug’s active components. Additionally, it is widely consumed by sufferers from seizures.
Chemical profile of the drug
Remedy’s molecules are represented as white powder, which is insoluble in water. Most pharmaceutical companies produce Generic Ativan as both oral and sublingual tablets. They are available in 0.5 mg, 1 mg and 2 mg dosage. The complete absorption of the remedy and its peak serum levels is achieved in 2 hours. The half-life elimination takes about 12 hours. Although it is about 90% bound to plasma proteins, the risk of excessive accumulation is minimized.
General specification of side reactions
Many patients do not suffer from extremely strong side effects after they begin the therapy. Though, some common side results may take place:
- vague vision;
- disrupted appetite;
- dizziness, loss of coordination and sleepiness;
- migraine and nausea;
- destroyed sexual interest or ability for sexual intercourse.
Other complications include: heat and sore throat; hard breathing, especially during sleep; exceptional weakness; partial or total amnesia; loss of speech or its shortage; mood or psychical changes; yellowing skin or eyes.
Both, common or rare side impacts must be reported to your doctor immediately – especially when the remedy is taken without prescription. Children under 12 years of age cannot administer it.
Precaution and medical recommendations
Clinical researches as well as everyday medical practice helped scientists to discover these essential instructions:
- Ativan may cause allergic reactions, thus it is essential to consult your doctor beforehand. Before you start to administer any generic form of Lorazepam, consider your chronic diseases anamnesis: liver and/or kidney disorders, glaucoma, lung disease or trouble breathing, mood and/or mental diseases, drug or alcohol addiction.
- Consume your pills as prescribed, during the mealtime – otherwise it may produce stomach upset. If you skipped your dose – administer it once you recall. But avoid extra doses which can be harmful for your health.
- This remedy is habit-forming when it is abused. Keep your tablets in a closed container, away from any other individual, especially who has a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
- Do not quit Ativan abruptly, as it can create negative withdrawal complications. If you want to complete your course, ask your physician how to make it harmlessly. As well, inform your doctor in case medication is not working anymore on improving your conditions.
Which Interactions should be considered?
In order to get the best effect from your prescription, pay attention to any additional remedies you administer. Some over-the counter and herbal supplement drugs can interact with Ativan in unexpected ways. Groups of pharmaceuticals which may worsen your therapy include:
- any type of barbiturates;
- antidepressants, antipsychotics and anxiolytics;
- narcotic analgesics and anesthetics;
- antihistamines, which provide sedative effects;
- valerian and kava kava herbals.
Alcoholic beverages must be excluded as well, as they may deepen your remedy’s sleep-inducing action. Thus, it is advised to evade driving or using machineries.